If the scheduled collection day falls on any of the following observed holidays the collection may be suspended and service will be resumed the following regularly scheduled collection day. Holidays that may be observed by WCA are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
WCA – Residential Garbage Collection Information
All Residents must have an account with WCA for trash pickup. If you do not have an account with WCA, your trash will not be picked up.
Trash pickup days are Tuesdays for trash and Fridays for trash and recycling. Have waste ready at the curb for collection no later than 7am. Residents may purchase a trash receptacle from any hardware store. Recycling boxes may be requested from WCA, additional boxes may be purchased from them as well. WCA Phone# 281-766-1914
WCA observed Holidays are New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Trash pickup will resume on the following trash collection day.
In order to keep the neighborhood appealing to potential buyers, increase curb appeal and deter vandalism we ask that trash be placed at the curb no earlier than the evening before scheduled pick up and trash cans be removed the same day. If you have lawn service, please request the lawn clippings to be hauled away or have them placed in a location that cannot be seen from the street.
- Refuse must be in bags or cans, weighing no more than 40 pounds.
- Tree branches, brush, shrubs, and fencing must be tied in bundles, weighing no more than 40 pounds, and being no longer than 4 feet in length.
- Branches may be no wider than 3 inches in diameter to avoid damaging equipment.
- Per Federal law, refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units must be drained of all Freon and have an accompanying bill verifying Freon has been drained.
- ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED: dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor, hazardous/toxic chemicals or material, construction material, no more than 1 room of carpeting, bundled and less than 40 pounds. Items not collected will be tagged explaining reason for non-collection.
Recycle Collection Guidelines
The following items are accepted in our curbside recycling program:
Paper: Newspaper, Magazines, Catalogs, Junk Mail, Envelopes, Office Paper, Construction Paper, Colored Paper, Folders, Paper Bags, Phone Books, Holiday Cards and Greeting Cards
Cardboard: Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, Paperboard Boxes (cereal, soda/beer, egg, shoe boxes)
Containers: Aluminum Cans, Tin Cans, Steel Cans, Empty Aerosol Cans, Aluminum Foil, Plastics #1-#5 & #7 (milk, soda, water, juice, shampoo, detergent, pool supplies, pet food), Metal Pots and Pans, Copper, Scrap Metal (nails, screws, gutters), Milk and Juice Cartons, aseptic packages
Commonly Mistaken Unacceptable Material: PLASTIC BAGS, STYROFOAM, GLASS, Wrapping Paper, Used Pizza Boxes, Coat Hangers, Paint and Solvent Containers, Light Bulbs, Mirrors, Windows, Dishes and Cups, Pyrex Pans, Wet or Soiled Paper, Paper Towels, Facial and Toilet Tissue, Disposable Plates and Cups