Welcome to Northmead Village!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NORTHMEAD VILLAGE WEBSITE IS NOW THROUGH CINC WEBAXIS AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED.
REGISTER WITH THE CINC SITE TO GET ALL THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION FOR THE COMMUNITY.
Click this link to go to the Northmead Village website: Northmead Website
2023 ANNUAL MEETING
The 2023 Annual Meeting of Members will be held at Fiest Elementary on Wednesday, September 28, 2022.
Registration will commence at 6:50 and the meeting will begin at 7:15pm.
Please see this flyer regarding the Krenek Copperfield Newsletter.
CRIME WATCH UPDATE
The deputies in Copperfield and Wheatstone are noticing an increase of graffiti in the neighborhoods. If you notice anyone tagging pools, fences or playground equipment or any other property in our parks or schools please contact the non-emergency line of the Harris County Sheriff Department at 713-221-6000. With your help we can eliminate the graffiti in our neighborhoods.
2022 MEETING DATES
January 26, 2022
March 23, 2022
May 25, 2022
July 27, 2022
September TBD 2022 – Annual Meeting
*Homeowners will be notified vis USPS and electronically.
Meetings of the Northmead Village Board of Directors are held the fourth Wednesday every other month and we encourage all residents to attend the meetings, either to address the Board or just to listen and know what is going on. The executive session begins at 6:30PM – 7:00 PM with the open session starting at 7:00 PM. The meetings are via ZOOM video conference.
Meeting ID: 891 8374 7112
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 891 8374 7112
Changes are possible so please call Graham Management
at 713-334-8000 to verify that a meeting will be held.
Shopping Safety Tips
Shopping in Stores
- Do not buy more than you can carry. Ask for assistance, if needed, to help you carry your purchases out to your car.
- Do not leave packages visible in your vehicle. Lock them in your truck, or if possible take them home.
- Have your keys in your hand when approaching your vehicle. Check back seat and around your car before getting in.
- Don’t be distract by your cell phone.
- Deter pickpockets. Carry your purse close to your body or wallet inside a coat or front pant pocket.
- Tell security if you see an unattended package.
- Double check for your credit card or checkbook after your make a purchase.
Shopping with Children
- If you are shopping with children have a plan in case you are separated.
- Have a center meeting place.
- Ensure children know your cell phone number. Give them cards with contact information.
- Go over Stranger Danger.
Prevent Identity Theft
- Consider alternate options to pay for your merchandise, such as onetime or multiuse disposable credit cards for online stores and auction sites.
- Wait until asked before pulling out your credit card or checkbook. An enterprising thief would love to shoulder surf to get your information.
- Keep personal information and passwords secure. Do not respond to requests to “verify” your information unless you initiate the contact. Legitimate businesses will not contact you in this manner.
- Use secure websites for purchases. Look for the icons of a locked padlock at the bottom of the screen or “https” in the URL address/
- Shop with companies you know and trust. Check for background information if you plan to buy from a new or unfamiliar company.
- Beware of “bargains” from companies with whom you are unfamiliar—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Save receipts and print confirmations for online purchases. Check bank and credit card statements for purchases and possible fraudulent purchases.
Crime Prevention & Safety Tips
- Install landscape lighting.
- Place motion detector lights at front and rear entryways.
- Aim motion detector lights away from house so lights activate when someone approaches.
- Place exterior lights so as to prevent bulbs from being easily removed or broken
- Set interior lights on a timer.
- Place a dowel rod horizontally in the interior track of sliding windows and vertically in the interior tract of standard windows.
- Lighting is one of the most cost effective deterrents to burglary.
- Windows should be secured by a secondary locking devices.
- Garage Doors should be closed and secured by a locking device whenever possible.
- Vehicles should be locked and secured when not in use and visible enticements eliminated.
- Park vehicles in well-lighted areas.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Secure vehicle with auto alarm if possible.
- Secure pickup tailgates with locking devise.
- Avoid leaving keys inside of vehicle.
- Avoid leaving vehicle running while unattended.
Sheriff Department in Copperfield & Wheatstone
As a resident of Copperfield and Wheatstone a portion of your homeowners dues go to paying for 8 deputies and a Sergeant in our community 7x24. We have 2 deputies during the days, 2 during the evening, 2 during the night shift plus 2 deputies that work split shifts.
Please remember, if you have an emergency call 911, for non-emergencies call 713-221-6000. Sgt. Hardcastle enjoys receiving emails from residents, but please remember he works Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm and doesn’t read his emails after hours or on the week-end.
Nextdoor is a good way to let your neighbors know what is happening in the neighborhood, but it the deputies don’t have access to Nextdoor. Please call the Sheriff’s department first!
Thank you for the Harris County Sheriff’s Office for these safety tips!
MUD District 162 - 281-861-6215
WCA 281-368-8397, Trash- Tuesday & Friday, Heavy & Recycle- Friday
Pool Parties: Contact Malibu Aquatics 832-464-5188
Road/Bridge Maintenance Camp for precinct 3 , 281-463-8703
Community Center Phone Number 281-856-9060
Copperfield Annex Post Office 8825 Hwy 6 N. 281-859-9014
Non-emergency police 713-221-6000
CenterPoint (Report street light outage) 281-999-3191
Harris County Animal Control 281-999-3191
2825 Wilcrest Drive Suite 600
Houston, Texas 77042
15619 Pebble Lake Dr.
Houston, Texas 77095
For access cards please contact Graham Management at 713-334-8000 or email.
(NM) 2021 POOL & SPLASH PAD SCHEDULE
This schedule is subject to change based on CDC guidelines.
In 2021 Northmead will be using Malibu Aquatics again.
· Attendance will be limited to 35 people in the pool area at a time
· Food and drinks will be allowed in the pool area, but no glass & no alcohol.
· No smoking or vaping allowing in the pool area
· No pool toys allowed in the pool
· These rules are subject to change based on the CDC guidelines
Week-ends in May
Saturdays 10 am to 8 pm
Sundays Noon to 7 pm
Memorial Day 10 am to 8 pm
June 4rd thru August 20th
Tue thru Sat 10 am to 9 pm
Sun Noon to 9 pm
Week-ends in September & End of August
Sat, 8/21 & 8/28 Noon to 7 pm
Sun, 8/22 & 8/29 Noon to 7 pm
Labor Day 10 am to 7 pm
Saturdays Noon to 7 pm
Sundays Noon to 7 pm
June thru Oct open daily 10 am to 8 pm
One ten-minute break will be taken at ten (10) minutes before the hour, every hour. This is to serve as a time of rest for our guests. This safety break is for everyone including adults. In the fair housing act, it states that it is age discrimination to not allow anyone under the age of 18 in the pool during this 10-minute break. For this reason, the safety break is for everyone. Lifeguards will remain on the lifeguard stand during this break, to ensure the pool is vacant.
Sharon Malkovicz President 2019 - 2021
Helen Nixon Vice President 2019 - 2021
Ro Rhea Treasurer 2020 - 2022
Tony Ashford Secretary 2020 - 2022
Teresa Prather Director 2020 - 2022